Monday, July 16, 2007

Inspired

PQ! You have inspired me like Henry V and his Crispian's day Speech! I too will say what has been happening.

We'll start with the mundane. I renewed my learners, which means I will i will have a valid ID when I get back from Ireland. Which means I will be able to do things like go have drink with my friends, see R rated movies, and other things of debauchery.

And Speaking of debauchery, I will be going to the Emerald Island in two weeks (in one week I'll be at Campus, starting the classes that will be held beforehand. I've been reading one of the books for the class, a novel called The Scorching Wind. Its pretty good, filled with Irish spirit. I'm really excited, both of traveling again as well as seeing old friends.

And speaking of old friends, RY and Maria got married this Summer!!! Hurray!! It makes me happy inside to see such happy people. One of the two was beaming like a lamp. Maria was smiling too. It really was beautiful. Ask anyone who was there. Beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful, I've been pretty creative this summer. I've completed what I hope will be the final rough draft of the movie I've been writing (I think I'm gonna call it De Profundis), and hopefully everyone will be able to read it. I've also written the Most Humble Man In the World poem I promised I would have written by the end of last semester (For SHAME!!) as well as a short story about a person freezing to death (not as good as Jack London, but still ok). In the field of movie editing, I've been editing together You Can't Take It With You for the College (Hopefully I will be able to finish burning it onto DVDs come Ireland time, so that I can give Julian his copy, maybe even get the school's copy to the library before the semester begins!! I just need to find DVDs big enough to hold the massive Acts. Anything for Christendom.

And speaking of Christendom, the Motu Proprio allowing wider use of the 1962 missal came out. I personally see a Trad Mass on Campus in the future, but there are other Church matters afoot. At my Parish, we've got a new pastor. He's 6' 8." That's an inch taller than Andy Bodoh. He's nice, but he's not as traditional as my mom and I would wish. Our parish used to be pretty traditional (you know, normal Parish structure, good strong pastor, semi-sane liturgical life), but now its kinda gotten a little rough. I'm worried, but we shall see. I wonder what will happen when I'm at school. . .

And speaking of School, I've been working here at the University of Maryland (College Park Campus) as a Help Desk technician, which means when people have computer problems, they come to us. Its fun, but a little hectic. Nothing that I'm not used to from working in the kitchen.

And speaking of the kitchen, I'm making (with some help from my family) dinner this coming Saturday night. It will be a remembrance of Rome, with that pasta sauce I made with whiskey and sausages, mozzarella green beans, and gelato, as well as other stuff. I'm kinda excited about this.

And speaking of being excited, I've been reading things for my thesis stuff, as well as the first half of The Idiot. I've been watching movies, and really think I should have Jalsevac hire me as movie reviewer for The Rambler.

I think that's everything. Anything else, ask me later.


1 comment:

  1. Bene!

    I ought to visit ya'll next weekend just to catch up.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete