Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Da Pope.

We all just saw the Pope today at the wednesday audience. We touched him. Sam traded skull caps with him. I gave him an orange soda (appearantly it's his favorite drink.) Was pretty cool.

People get really crazy over this. People were throwing children over the barrier at the Pope. Basically, everyone crowds around the entrance before it opens. Then, they press their way through, violently. There is no mercy. I was knocked over and I'm pretty agile. Rand was elbowed in the stomach. The Akers were accused of hating retarded people. The Swiss guard were strict but wer generally friendly. They picked up the children I mentioned earlier and returned them to the crowd.

It was crazy, but we touched the Pope. (I'm totally cool with walking over a few nuns.) Benedetto was very friendly. Oh, and in case there was any question, it's not a camera trick, his hair really is that white.

1 comment:

  1. You gave the Pope an orange soda. *blink, blink* YOU gave THE POPE an orange soda?

    THAT'S ABOUT THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hich wants to make an orange soda comercial with you & BXVI.

    ReplyDelete