Friday, August 18, 2006

A trip to the Cape


I guess you have been wondering where I have been, and why I have not done anything online since Friday. Well, the simple answer is that I was at Cap Cod, visiting my aunt and uncle who live up there (linked in there is that I didn't get around to going online).But anyway, I did a lot of things and had lots of fun, and you all missed out big time. HA ha.

Just kidding. It might take a while to say everything I did, and I will try to fit as much as I can on this post, but there will always be more to talk about, as are with all trips. Those of you flying with me, and who will be living with me for the next three months have an advantage that everyone else lacks, so I will try.

I arrived on Saturday, late in the evening. I flew in from BWI (thats the Baltimore airport) with my grandmother and my brother into the Boston airport. My cousin picked us up and we drove to the Cape. We unloaded at the house and turned in, after some sitting, chatting, and eating of sandwhiches.

We woke up the next morning for Sunday Mass at the local parish, Holy Redeemer, the only Catholic church in the area that is open all year round. I walked in, hoping it was a decent church. It looked like, from the outside, a normal church. I walked in and was surprised. The first thought that came into my head was, where's the tabernacle (I then thought of the joke that Cardinal Arinze made at the Summer Institute about that exact subject). It was over to the side, under a veil of sorts. There were not any big stained glass windows, and the chair for the priest was in the center of the front of the church (the name slips me right now). The Mass wasn't so bad, no worse than any back home, but I had some fun when i went up for communion. I recieve on the tongue, and the Eucharistic minister I recieved from wasn't really looking up, since he was in put in hand mode, and almost put the host on my folded hands, then looked up and changed the place. It was funny, kinda. But remember that event, for I will be referencing it later.
For the rest of that day we relaxed, going to the beach, relaxing in the sun, flopping around in the surf. Wonderful. For dinner we each had a whole lobster (very filling for those who have not had one before) and went to bed content.

Monday through Thursday will be posted later. Sorry to build suspense like that, but its 11:30 at night and I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. +JMJ+

    Ibid, that sounds awesome! I better the whole inside scoop in Rome.....or else the rath of the Italian, Irish, German will haunt you forever! Wha-ha-ha-ha-ha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete