Thursday, August 10, 2006

Birthday part



I had my birthday party today (a day early, I know, but tomorrow is the crab feast at my parish and that is not something to miss). There were many great presents but one of the highlights, if not the highlight, was the, drumroll please. . .

Canon ZR300 camcorder!
That's right folks. Ibid's got a camcorder. That means more pictures, more movies, more "famous British director" nonsense. Of course, my joy had to be short lived. I was examining what I have in my camera, and how to put things on a computer. I found out how to take photos off of the camera's memory stick using the provided USB cord. However, I was not able to get film of the tape I have. Why? Because I need another cable that is sold seperatly, a DV cable. But to se that I need a DV port, which I'm pretty sure I don't have. Firewire, if I'm not mistaken, is an example of a DV cable. I guess I need to do more shopping. Alas, that means the super cut of Promise may still be prolonged until I can get that footage onto my computer.

Other than that I'm a very happy Ibid. On Saturday I'm flying with my brother and grandmother up to Cap Cod to visit my aunt and uncle up there. It will be my first plane ride, a kind of preporation for Rome. Hopefully all goes well and I don't get arrested at the gate.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! (The real one, not the half one this time!)

    Domestic flights are way different that international ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ibid.

    Incidentally, I'm going to kill Ry...whatever he posted murders my computer every time I try to open the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Happpy Birthday to Ibid! Happy Birthday to Ibid! Happpy Birthday to Ibid! Happy Birthday to Ibid!

    God bless on you this beautiful day, the day of your birth!

    ReplyDelete