Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SUMMER INSTITUTE

For those who are interested, summer has been going great. I'm sure that all of of you have had great summers, and have been enjoying my random deep thoughts. I'll have you know that work is going fine, that I'm making money (almost $500 so far) and am very excited about Rome. I've been working on more movies. First on the list is a short into to a non existent movie. I don't know who will be in it, but it could be interesting. More on that at it develops. Also I have completed the script for the remake of Chase, one of the movies I made in high school. I'm going to rename it, of course. I also want to see if I can make it completely with un copywritten music, which hopefully will be the hardest part. I'm open to suggestions for the movie's new name. I will be sending the script out to possible cast members before the summer is over. I also re edited Promise and put it on a DVD using the DVD burning software that came with the Vegas Home Studio. It looks a lot better now. I want to bring it to Rome so that others can see it as it is, a movie, and not something thrown together on Windows Movie Maker.

Now for the heading of the post. As some of you may know (I think I've told one of you at least) I was very interested in going to the summer institute at Christendom, mainly to see cardinal Arinze but also to be on campus again and do things like that before I leave for Rome. So I wanted to go for the weekend. However, I was not sure that it would be easy for my family to come and drive a 3 hour drive Friday night and Saturday morning. My family would be exhausted. Also there is some family get together stuff, so if I were to go the family would be really pressed for time. Basically put, I needed some place to stay near (or possibly on) campus. So I called, couldn't get through, called again with the same results, and finally on Friday I called, asked to be transferred to admissions (who apparently is running the thing. Who would've thought?) and asked if there was any way for me to stay on campus for the talk. They said maybe, probably, that I could stay on campus if I volunteered to help for the weekend. I said I wanted to help. They said that's great, thank you, and that I didn't have to pay. They would send me an email detailing the weekend. Well they do have room for me to sleep, and I'm going to be doing helpful things that weekend, while seeing all the talks and people. I will be working with low brow people like Angela Von Ehr, The Rices, The Bergida Family, and Mickey Krebbs. You too can join our gang. Just call the school and say you are interested in volunteering for the Summer Institute. The weekend is July 28-29. You get to hear and meet people for free and get to see me. What better excuse do you need than that. Of course, I know that only about 5 of the Chaplet is in the area, and of that 5 only about 2 are going to read this post, but if you can reach those people please spread the word. Maybe we can hang out on Friday or Saturday night or something like that. That could be fun.

I am also pleased to announce that I am finished Volume I of my history of Western Civilization notes. Not just finished the rough draft. Finished completly, like it is ready for others to read over it. I'm excited. I think I'll bring a copy of it to Dr. O'Donnell. I'm sure he would like it.

I'm still working on getting a camcorder, which I will bring to Rome. It may end up working out that I buy half of it with someone for my birthday.

For all those who are amazed at the fact that I bought more books over the past year at school than most people buy in a lifetime will be even more amazed when I tell you what happened. I went to a used book sale at one of the public libraries in Maryland. I went crazy, and ended up buying $11.55 worth of books. That's a lot when soft backs were like 6 for a dollar and hardbacks were I believe $.50 each. I have a whole bunch of new books. Plus my mom had gone the day before and bought some more books for me (ever heard of a little book called How the Irish Saved Civilization?). Of course, some of the books I bought were for school, such as an Italian-English dictionary and Willa Cather's My Antonia, but then again some were just for fun.

And to make matters even greater, my birthday is the same day as my parish's Crab Feast (August 11 for those who forgot. I expect money).

Life Rules.

3 comments:

  1. Ibid, can I get a copy of Promise? I would really like to see the Vegas version!! And would you be interested in, ahem, sharing your wonderful new software? If you are, with a little help from Ry, I would be a very happy hobbit. (Not liking the Windows Movie Maker so much for The Freshman.)

    Have fun at the Summer Institue. I hope that someday I will get to go to that. And there is nothing suprising about you buying crazy amounts of books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ibid, how are you? I wish I could go to the Summer Institute with you, but alas. It among many things shall not be. I'll send you some euros for your birthday in a nice little envelope. Ciao.
    -Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. w00t! i get to see Ibid! i'll be at the institute both friday and saturday.

    ReplyDelete