Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ahoy Mate-y!

I feel like I'm on a boat. It's a really, really big boat with trees painted on it. There is one main captian and three or four other people grabbing the wheel from her. Occasionally the rest of the crew all dog pile her and fight for the wheel. I'm just sitting on the port side of the boat making sure no one touches the trees. And sometimes I move benches. Mostly, though, I just watch everyone fight. For awhile the boat just kind of zig zagged around while people jumped the captain. But now it seems as though the crew is happy with the direction the boat is going and people are more or less sticking with their own jobs. And I just sit there watching, moving benchs and doing Latin. I like this boat. It's got some good music. And dancing.

5 comments:

  1. So, what am I, then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it counts, I'm praying for all of you involved in the play. I know things seem rough, but things will suddenly fall into place at the last second, as always happens with plays. God bless the entire cast and crew, but especially my friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sacrifice and deeds are not forgotten. Even now I'm memorializing them in the program which WILL be done and printed before the show opens. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WP, just remember . . . say no to drugs. (You sound like you're on LSD!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fidelio, you are the wind beneath my wings.

    ReplyDelete