Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm Going To Grandma's House And I'm Packing . . .

An apple, a blanket, and camel, a dust buster, the Ebola virus, a face mask, Gandhi, a harpsichord, an iguana, a jackalope, a kazoo, a lymph node, Megan B., a narcissist, the optative subjunctive, a popsicle, Quizznos, raisins, sandstone, a triptych, a uvula, a velocipede, Wilson (from Castaway), Xanadu, your mom, and a zig zag stitch. I shall explain. I, indeed, was not going to my grandmother's house, nor anywhere near it. I was on my way to PBJ Girl's house for Spring Break. We were somewhere in the middle of the seven or so hour drive and needed something to amuse ourselves. So we broke out the good ol' alphabet car games. Peachy was driving, Zack was asleep, and Ange woke up occasionally to suggest strange things to take to grandma's. It was a pretty uneventful trip, until Peach got some beef jerky. And opened it. In the car. On a Friday. During Lent. Granted it was St. Patrick's Day and there were plenty of dispensation to go around, but none of us were really for taking the bishops up on that. So the five hungry travelers smelled beef jerky for awhile. It really wasn't that bad, I just enjoy teasing Peach. :)

Anyway, we went our separate ways and us girls made it to our destination quite safely and not too starved. (Don't worry, we had nice hot clam chowder waiting for us.) Since then, PBJ Girl and I have been watching old movies, lifting weights, trying on hoop skirts and formal dresses, making fun of turtles, cooking ( & eating!) yummy foods, doing 15 minute fling boogies, realizing we couldn't be American citizens if we weren't already, and generally being crazy and having a good time. Break has been good to us so far. I hope all is going well with everyone and their families. Good night and God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:46 PM

    I'm glad you're having a great break. If u have some extra time, fon home please. Mutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    Sounds like you're having a blast, WP! That's awesome! ... the Ebola virus, eh? How's the weather treatin' ya? You better still have your South Dakotan accent when you return, otherwise Jericho will have to lay a major smackdown ... mwahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So She's gonna come back with a western New York accent, a taste for fine food, and buffer than I'll ever be.

    I'm sure it won't be (that) bad.

    Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People ALWAYS use "apple" for the first one. What's up with that? Am I the only one that goes with Angie Dickenson?

    ReplyDelete