Thursday, December 29, 2005

They Are Just A Bunch Of Big Pansies! Let's Go Meet The Pansies! or Know Thyself

Well, the word 'pansy' has been thrown around a lot lately. People have been calling other people pansies and they in turn have been called pansies themselves. People have been very critical of others, but have not mentioned it to the person, but to others. I've always said, if someone has a problem with me, I really, really want them to say it to my face and not behind my back. I'd say this is a fairly common opinion. Than, if so many people want it done unto them, why don't they themselves do it unto others?

Because it's hard!!!!!!!

It's so easy to criticize someone for not telling someone else that they have a problem with them. But when it's you that has to do the telling, that's another story. I don't know if this has made any sense. I have recently realized that I'm not nearly as assertive as I like to think of myself. I can be. In really big matters and completely trivial ones, I will stand my ground and get in your face like a US Marine. But for everything else, I'd just rather not deal with it. I'd rather run away from it, put it under the couch (who puts things under rugs, I mean really? A couch is much more concealing), or just flat out ignore it. Not this time. It has slapped me in the face like a cold, wet, slightly decaying fish. I've ignored the problem for so long, that it is either take action now or lose two old and very dear friends. It's time to suck it up, deal with the problem, and say "I was a jerk."

No more pansy. I am a big strong oak tree. I am a big strong oak tree. I am a big stro- maybe a willow.

1 comment: