Saturday, December 31, 2005

That's A Wrap!

Well folks, the nice people over at Quid Hoc Est? have been kind enough to furnish me with a survey. Hehehe, I have too much fun with these things. It actually first can from this kid. Now Dr. Stanford can't yell at me for plagurism. So here goes, my year.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? Spent $12 dollars on two chocolate bars. (Hey, when you’ve been in the Middle East for two weeks – with no chocolate – and on an airplane for 5 hours and soon to be on another one for 6 and an English lady is yelling at you about pounds, sometimes you do crazy things.)

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t know if I made New Year’s resolutions last year. I figure when I find something that needs changing, I work on it then, not in January.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Well, I know people who gave birth, but I wouldn’t say I’m close to them. But I have some friends who are expecting! So excited! Twins!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Kind of, there was that guy I went to school with who died in Mexico. And someone very close to someone very close to me died.

5. What countries did you visit? Oh here we go! London, (Wait, that’s not a country!) I mean England, Israel, Palestine, the Vatican, (in Jerusalem, how cool is that?!) and New York State. (That is a country! Peach, take it however you’d like.)

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Enough credit hours to be a sophomore.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory? January 21

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I don’t know if I actually achieved anything. . . .

9. What was your biggest failure? My attitude towards my mom.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Gunter (Well, my mom bought him. Does that count? Probably not.) Okay, the best thing I bought was 39 cent burritos from Martins. (39 cents! Can life get any better?!)

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I’m going to have to agree with Jason, Fidelio, and Sir Joseph: Mine.

13. Where did most of your money go? My money went mostly towards food and such. Money that I’ll some day have to give to the bank went to that lovely place called Christendom College and the Mayo Clinic.

14. What did you get really, really, really, excited about? Wow, there’s a few things. Going to the Holy Land, going to Carducci’s for the 4th, and, well, I’m a hopeless romantic, an event that recently happened that involved driving to Maryland to return mittens. (I wasn’t the one who did the driving. But I like to think I helped. :P)

15. What song/album will always remind you of 2005? The Reason and Good Riddance

16. Compare to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? Sadder but wiser. . . actually, I take that back. I was happier last year, but I think I’m more joyful this year, if that makes any sense.
b. thinner or fatter? Unfortunately, about the same. Maybe a bit thinner.
c. Richer or poorer? POOR!!!! The WP needs to take a class in money management. (a.k.a. don’t loan monies to your friends! J/K guys.)

17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Been truly quiet.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Not cared.

19. How did you spend Christmas? I watched movies with my cat and slept.

20. Did you fall in love in 2005? Yes

21. What was your favorite TV program? I used to really like the Gilmore Girls, the first few seasons were cute. Nothing deep, nothing controversial, just cute. Then it got dumb. I haven’t seen the West Wing in a long time, but I used to like that a lot. I’d have to say, though, my favorite would have to be. . . HOUSE!!!

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Okay, I want to make this clear, I may have gotten mad/irritated at people this year, but I don’t hate anyone.

23. What was the best book you read? I’m not sure, I’ve started so many that I haven’t finished. Probably the most inspiring was Out of Many Hearts. (About the Dominican Sisters of Hawthorne.)

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hehehe, Good Charlotte and Green Day. How is it that I go to a trad Catholic college and I discover crazy punk bands?

25. What did you want and get? A green sweater.

26. What did you want and not get? A vocation.

27. What was your favourite film of this year? I’m really bad at picking favorites. All I will say is that you spell favourite like a Brit!!!

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? First I tried to figure out why everyone was running away from me. Then I went to Beth’s surprise birthday party and yelled at Hich for wanting me to play racquetball with him and then went to the gym and tried to figure out why everyone was jumping out at me yelling “SURPRISE!!!” (Seriously guys, I thought I’d accidentally crashed someone else’s party.) Then I had a totally kick posterior party!! Really awesome. Actually, that was the Friday before my birthday. On my birthday, I was late for my own birthday singing (they were early, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.) I went to my first Trid Mass and ate the best Chinese food I’ve ever had. (Way to be T.J.) And then got some awesome birthday singing that I was almost late for again. (This time my fault.) Oh, and 19.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? All I will say to that is doctors are not always intelligent beings.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concepts in 2005? A combination of the closets of Jericho, Quia, Carducci, PBJ Girl, Laura-friend, and Maybef. Acutally, I think CO and Champ contributed, too. I do have my own clothes. I promise.

31. What kept you sane? Mr. Strickland

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? Okay, did you guys know that Jim Caviezel is MARRIED?! Oh that makes me so sad – I mean happy for him. Yea, that’s it.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? Definitely the Terri Schivo case.

34. Who did you miss? Friends, family, pets, home, school, convent. I don’t think I like having two lives in two different parts of the country. I guess I had three for a little while.

35. Who was the best new person you met? I can think of three. Swinger, Champ, and Faz.

36. Quote a song lyrice that sums up your year? “If you need to fall apart/ I can mend a broken heart/ If you need to crash then crash and burn/ You're not alone”

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't believe you wished you'd been quiet more! Come on -- what would our hall have been like if we didn't have to come out every night at tell each other to be quiet;)

    ReplyDelete