Monday, September 05, 2005

Together Again

Well, all the members of 8 O'Clock Chaplet are finally united once more in the lovely place I like to call Christendom. Actually, this post is slightly delayed, but I've been doing homework, so back off! *growl & snap* Lol Stressed? What? No! *dripping with sarcasm* Okey, back to the reuniting of the Fellowship. As all of us bloggers know & I'd assume most of you in bloggerland know, Peachy couldn't join us at the start of the year. Up until last Wednesday we've been lamenting his absence and assuring his professors that he, indeed, would be coming.
As wyrd would have it, he almost didn't get picked up for a very long time. My friend Teddy was planning on picking him up & Capitan Oblivious was going to come along. They were going to leave as soon as CO was done with work study. Peachy's plane got in at about 9:45am. Unfortunately Teddy thought that his plane got in at 9:45 pm! But thanks to prodding from the Holy Spirit, (see, I haven't gone pagan!) I asked Teddy what time he was planning on leaving. After some discussion and confusion, we finally realized our miscommunication. After more discussion and confusion and some "I never said that!" and "Yes, you did! You said. . ." we figured out that Peach, would indeed be able to be picked up. Teddy bid me come with them, as I no longer had a work study conflict at that time.
This is how I found myself in a car with two male Virginians. It was an interesting ride. :) CO & I taught Teddy 'yellow car' & he ended up winning. (Grumble, grumble.) We got Peach without much ado, though he looked like he had just stepped out of Guys and Dolls. It was definitely
great to see him again. For a good portion of the ride, he freaked out because one of his socks was navy and the other black. I told him no one would notice in their zeal to see him. He thought otherwise. The guys ended up talking baseball & Irish/Scottish whatnot and I, um, wore a hat? It was fun, though. We even made it back in time for lunch. Way to go Teddy! So we're all back & CC watch out! You ain't seen nothing yet!

1 comment:

  1. Stressed? STRESSED?! That's all you can say to describe it? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

    Sorry, I'm just a little "stressed". You try saving the sanity of your friends and keep your grades at a passing level. I hope I can make it

    ReplyDelete