Friday, August 12, 2005

Little Miracles.

I forgot to tell about this small incident that happened when I was at the beach this Wednesday.

I have this bad habit of forgetting to take of my glasses when I go swimming. I've lost at least three pairs of glasses swimming with them on. So at the beach, wouldn't you know it, I went into the water with my glasses still on my face. I was on my way back to the shore when I reallized that I had worn my glasses into the ocean, and that they were no longer on my face. I had no clue whatsoever where I had lost them and no hope of ever finding them.

Seeing as the ocean is enormous, and that my glasses are nearly invisible even in clear water (which this was not,) I concluded that any search was probably hopeless. However, desperate to make sure that I didn't have to fly home without them, I waited on the beach hoping that they might wash ashore. After several minutes of waiting, I recieved no such luck.

I decided to give it one more go however. I waded back into the ocean and said my prayers to St. Anthony that I might out of the pure grace of God stumble on to them. Before I had even finished the prayers, I stepped on something that turned out to be my glasses.

God always answers your prayers. Sometimes a little more quickly than you'd expect.

God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. JMJ WOW! I can't believe you were able to find your glasses. I lost mine in the ocean once but it was hopeless to get them back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My glasses don't get lost. They break. Very interestingly they break.

    ReplyDelete