Thursday, August 04, 2005

I Have a Job!!!!

Your (& my!) prayers have paid off. It is in this last two weeks of summer that I find employment. I had long given up on the prospect of a summer job this year, but I should know by now, nothing's impossible when Irish are involved. Yes, I would like to give a shout out to a wonderful group of Irish Catholics in our fair (but Mormon) state of Utah. I shall explain. My former youth minister (not the one I went to visit, the one before her. You know, we really go through yms like some people go through socks. Well, hopefully not.) Okay, back to my former youth minister. So she's originally from Utah and she makes rosaries, she's actually the person who taught me. Apparently, the largest population of Catholics west of Boston is in Utah. I didn't realize there were Catholics in Utah. Then again, I didn't realize there were Catholics in Boston, either. Oh boy, some liberal has probably stumbled onto our little blog just in time to read that. Well, we've never claimed to be pc, so they'll just have to deal with it. Anyway (I keep digressing. That one guy in Catcher in the Rye wouldn't approve. But when I think of that book, I think of prostitutes and clipping toe nails, so I'm going to stop that train of thought.) Now where was I? Oh yes, rosaries. So these Irish Catholics are having a huge Irish fest & they've called on Steph to make 3-400 Irish rosaries by Nov. She in turn called me and asked me to be her partner on this one. So I'm now making $10/rosary which rough translates to $10/hr. Not that I'm going to be working a whole heck of a lot of hours, but it's a job (& a fun one!) none the less. :) Here's a little self advertisment.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jenne, glad you found a job. I just learned how to make rosaries a few weeks ago- what kind are you making?
    God bless you in your last few weeks of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JMJ Sounds like a great little job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I don't know which is more startling: You having a job with two weeks of school left or the fact that you read Catcher in the Rye. Good book, but kinda racy. Definitly for guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ibid, I read it for senior English. I didn't have any choice. (Yes, it is racy. blah) Just like I had to read Lord of the Flies, twice! (Hazard of changing schools.)

    Kari, I can make both chain & rope rosaries (well, there are two different kinds of rope rosaries, so both isn't the best word for that. :P) I like chain the best, though. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm just now taking leave from my job to go on vacation...

    But hey, rosaries are fun. I think of a better way to spend the time. Have fun at work.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. there was a can't in that last one

    ReplyDelete
  7. So how does Holden Caufield fit in??? I passionately hate that book.

    $10/rosary!!! Gee, I'd quit my job in a heartbeat to make rosaries for that kinda money! God is good, isn't He! Well, gotta go back to my lifeguard job watching the natives for 6.25/hr. I think I'm in a jungle. Feels that way sometimes at least.

    ReplyDelete