Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ah, sweet NY

Wow. . . I think I have finally met my match. New York has got to be the craziest place on the planet. . . and the Smith's house is the craziest place in New York. Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have finally consented to a trial separation from Virginia. No more lovely rolling hills. No more gentle flowing streams. Just. . . well, lovely rolling hills and gentle flowing streams. Okay, maybe they're not so different. Well, New York is a few degrees cooler. Oh, and some people like to build strange and wonderful houses in new and varied shapes like octogons. (Hey, I can't complain, it looks better than the A-Frames that some Virginians enjoy littering the landscape with.) But hey, I've only been here a day. . . renouncing my Virginia citizenship isn't something that I am likely to do in the near future. But then again, as Peter is saying, I have another week to be converted. We shall see. . . what we shall see. Guys, if you thought that my family was crazy, you don't know the half of it. They're perfect! Awesome! It's like coming home. . . only I've never been around here before. Anyway, I've got to sign off. Places to go, people to see, lakes to sail on. . . you know the drill.

Take care all you all.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It sounds like it...have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your having fun. When did you all decide to go to NY? Take pictures.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Papa, my latest stay in New York (wow, that makes it sound like I frequent the state!) has greatly deepened my love for it, the countrysied at least.

    ReplyDelete