Saturday, June 11, 2005

A very productive day

WOW! What a productive day! I had a blast at the Homeschooling convention. I didn't see Dr. Cuddeback (he speaks tomorrow) but I did see Dr. Carroll (the man, not the woman), along with the great likes of Ambrose and Beef. Crazy uh? Anyway, I bought a lot of books (so many that I will have problems putting things away). They include some for school and some for fun. Among the highlights are: Orthodoxy, The Man Who Was Thursday, and Ballad of the White Horse by Chesterton; Vol. 2-4 of History of Christendom, The Last Crusade, 1917:Red Banner, White Mantle, and other books by Dr. Carroll; Sir Gawin and the Green Knight (trans. J.R.R. Tolkien); Common Sense; City of God; Summa Theologica; and Dr. Cuddeback's book on friendship (I forgot the title). Other books too. So great.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your yaving a ggod time Matt. Are going to be able to read all of those books? God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can read all of it. I currently am reading some novel on Stonehendge which is rather long (over 500 pages) and I'm only 70 pages into it. But once that is done, I have to catch up on my Carroll reading for school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those sound like some good books! But question, you weren't homeschooled, why are you trapsing to homeschooling conventions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet WP, you forget (or didn't know) that my little sister is currently being homeschooled. Therefore, not only was I not tresspassing, but I recieved the discounts when my parents payed for the books since they were homeschooling parents.

    ReplyDelete