Thursday, June 16, 2005

Research? What's research?

Ok now, it is time to start on my CSC 201 research paper. That's right, not only am I takeing a compacted six week course but I get to write a research paper about obscure technical details that I have to scoure the Internet to find. On the bright side, Dr Heishman doesn't care a rat's @$$ whether I properly follow Turabian or not. Imagine that, a Turabian-free research paper. What joy! I don't even have to use footnotes! Seeing as I'm probably the only one in the class who has had a college or level writing course, I should have quite an edge.

These classes have been fun. And just a little easy.

Oh, and I was surfing the web the other night. I came accross something that I thought was surprising. It turns out that they are trying to put patents on sofware in the EU now. It didn't seem like a big deal until I realized that patents would placed on things the scrollbars and the double mouse-click. That's rediculous! I personally would have to end up paying money for some of the things I've done. Not to mention the hike in the price of software. Oh well, it doesn't sound like it will go through though. There isn't much popular support.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Yea, the Gimp people were yelling about that. They had a petition & everything. Grumble. I have a few things I'd like to say to the EU...

    ReplyDelete