Friday, June 10, 2005

Hell and Back

I figure that because most of you do not know where I have been and why I was gone, I should update. You see, it all begins with my health issues way back into the semester. I, at times most inconvenient, would have bouts of most sever depression, and that mixed with procrastination is a demon spawned in hell, for it causes one who is overwhelmed with work, to put off further certain daunting tasks. In short, there were two papers that I never got in. For those of you who were in Keats, you might recall that the papers totalled 40% of our final grade. From here you can do the math: the lowest possible passing grade is a 60 . . . unless I had gotten 100 on everything else (which I know I didn't,) I failed. Failing means that you get no points for that course whatsoever. As it was put to me, even if I had all B's in my other courses (4 others) that would still only put me at a 2.0; however, mind you that I had Fr. Mastroeni again this past semester. . .
So now it stands as a GPA suitable of a 'P', or accademic probation. Problem is, that because of Fr. Mastroeni's class last semester, I already had a 'P'. Two 'P's = one goodbye. Walter, by the way, had next-dayed my grades to me, so I received them Tuesday last week. Needless to say, my parents were not thrilled, and neither was I. By God's grace, however, I had been on things and had called Dr. Keats the day before the grades came in, and was able to find out that I could do something about this by getting the papers in. Long story short, I finished the first paper off and emailed it to him Thursday evening/Friday morning, and I have just finished the second, which I will be sending him shortly. I talked to Walter yesterday, and was able to confirm that when Dr. Keats gets the handwritten grade-change into him, all of those papers that were on file saying that I failed out, will be promptly disposed of, and my sophomore year at Christendom will be close at hand. Thank you very much for those who had me in their prayers, for I have needed it, not just in getting through this, but also having the humility to be able to tell this truthfully to you guys. It has been a learning experience, and I shall never want to do this again. You guys shall see me posting again soon, after, of course, I regain all of that sleep I lost. God Bless, and happy summer-ing . . . ness.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my son! I have been praying hard for you. You've been in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I'm so glad your papers are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I had no idea. I'm glad that you're almost done though. It sounds as if you might be nearing the end of this ordeal. I hope it turns out well. Good luck and God Bless. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Wow. Ry, you are my new hero. I can't belive it. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete