Sunday, June 12, 2005

Growing up

I've done a lot of growing up in the past two years; so much growing that I think that it cannot be matched by any growing I've done thus far excepting those pre-schooling years (1-5). I realized that I had to actually say that I was ready to grow up, because before that, I've always had some sort of cling to youth, to those good old days. In a way, I sort of just expected it to happen. That one day (after some time, of course, not just overnight), I'd have a better and more adult perspective on life. Well, it did happen that way, just not as I thought--isn't that the way God always does it though? I awoke to find myself saying that I am ready to grow up, and I said to God: "God, I'm ready. You can come in now and do what you have to" because in essence, I was shutting God out of that part of me because I didn't want to totally grow up, as if I were scared or something.

So here I am, typing on the computer, and I've decided to bust out the book again. Yep, that infamous book in the days of youth (the book that most of you may actually never have heard of) /The ABCs of Choosing a Good Wife/ by Stephen Wood. I figure that if this really is my vocation (of which I am nearly 100% certain) I should be working on becoming prepared for it. Most who enter into their vocation are mostly never ready when it occurs, but I'd like to be as ready as possible. So after I finish helping Mr. Rabideau (some friends' dad) put the engine back in Mark's (one of those friends) truck, and I catch up with Mark and Lacy (his wife), I'll be coming back home to re-read this book. Pray for me guys, I'll pray for you. Let's make next semester the best growing time we've had thus far in our lives. Let's don't be shut-off to eachother (speaking mainly to myself) and let's be as charitable and humble as possible.

7 comments:

  1. I have heard of that book! My mum almost got it for me the other day (well, the husband one). Then I asked her why on this sweet green earth she'd get it for me of all people & she said, "Oh, yea. Maybe not." Good for you, Ry! (I mean that about so many things.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Wood is incredible! (http://www.familylifecenter.net/) Everyone should read the ABC's books. He has a lot of practical advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comment on your profile question, Jenne. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen advertisments for that book in several Catholic catalogues. I've never actually read it though. You're in my prayers man! May you read well and put the information to good use. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES: someone from the group will have kids! There will be a future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...And Ryan will send them to Christendom...

    ...And they will marry other people at Christendom...

    ...And they will send their children to Christendom...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's the Circle of Life"

    ReplyDelete