Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Communication

I was just about to go into a whole philosophical thing on communication and discuss how it lacks now-a-days, but I shan't (not now anyway) because I have something else to say. I've found this program that will allow us to call eachother (no matter where) for free. Skype is a cool little program that acts like MSN messenger, or AIM, but instead you use a microphone and speakers to talk. You can even call regular phone numbers with it (although that comes with a cost.) I figured that we should all get it and that way we can keep in contact better during these summer months.

12 comments:

  1. I'll do it if everone else does it. Otherwise, I don't want to have to go out and get a microphone. (Or convert a pair of headphones)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a most bodacious idea ryan, i infact already have skype, my username is yagoozle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if you're lazy and don't wanna go out and get headphones or microphones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i don't quite understand how this works...would we be talking through the internet or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed and I already have Skype setup, so if you guys want to do it, go ahead.

    Claire, it's like chatting on AIM, except that the information being sent is audio . . . a phone conversation, so you are talking into a microphone and hearing the other person through your speakers or headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I need to get a mike?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah. I know it's not that cool to have to go out and get one, but it's worth it if you use it, even just for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *turn head sideways and blink*






    *still blinking*






    How much do these things cost?

    ReplyDelete
  11. usually just a couple of bucks

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is interesting to say the least, I'd like to join in on it. All I need is to download it and get a mic?

    ReplyDelete