Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Of Paranormal Paranoia and other Really Freaky Things

Hello everyone . . . my word but you have been busy. And to think that it was only two days ago when we were saying goodbye to each other. Wow.

Okay, now that skitzophrania has left the building and all things bright and beautiful are once again blooming and blossoming in the concrete jungle of life it is that time of year again. What time of year you ask? It's spirit time! That's right ladies and gents, it's summer, the time when all of those nasty little goblins, hobgoblins, wrights, fairies, pixies, nymphys, dryads, nyaids, fauns, leprechans, gremlins and imps all get together and realize that . . . They haven't done nearly enough to all of those poor mortals out there during the winter months. So they hold a lottery with branded acorns and drink clear wine out of cardinal skulls and when their hangover wears off they go and pester the poor mortal whose symbol is branded on the solitary acorn that didn't get squashed when the trolls finally collapsed in a druken stupor. Hence, my story.

One of the many advantages to living only forty-five minutes from college is that you can pack all of your stuff into a car. This means that you don't have to live through the hassel of finding a place to store all of the junk that you just cannot take home. However, this also means that you will most likely fall victim to the demon of apathy and leave your stuff in "storage" until you have the energy to remove it "later" . . . But the demon of apathy sometimes teams up with the gremlin of mechanical failure. Thanks to just that pairing most of my stuff is now on hiatus in an auto-repair shop where I have no doubt the two are probably conspiring with the imp of glorious lightfingerdness and I will never see any of my junk ever again. (But then again maybe they will talk to the leprechan of kindly wit and poor judgement and the mechanics will call me desperate to buy Logic 102 notes and will offer to pay for them all and I shall profit forty, fifty or a hundred fold . . . Hey, I can dream can't I?)

No, actually, the guys at the auto shop are great guys, and the car is coming back today, so unless Murphey decides to stick his shillelagh into the pot I shall see all of my junk again.
Glad to see that you guys all made it home safe and sound. Have a great summer!

2 comments:

  1. Question, if your stuff is stuck in the auto shop, does that mean my is in there, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Jenne... it's all back now safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete