Friday, May 27, 2005

Book Meme

Okay, so I've been tagged. So this is all about me & my books.

Total Number of Books I've Owned -- Wow, a lot. A lot, a lot!! I really don't think I can count that high!

Last Book I Bought -- Hmm, I'm really not too sure. It was probably for school. Actually, I think it was my physics books and lab manual. Holy man, I'm a nerd!

Last Book I Read -- Does that mean finished? Gosh, I haven't finished a book all year. Haven't had time. But the last book I've read as in I'm reading would be Hamlet. The Christendom Players & Sheila have inspired me. Unfortunately I started reading while I was more tired than interested and ended up with more of A Mid Summer's Night Dream, than Hamet. Eh, clever! Okay, maybe that was just lame.

Five Books That Have Meant A Lot To Me --

1. Story of a Soul. St. Therese really knows where it's at. I first read this when I was a sophomore or junior in high school. After reading that I decided it would be wonderful to be a nun. I read it again this last summer & really began to see the beauty in death. Huh, would you look at that, nuns and dying people, I never noticed that before. If ya'll haven't read it, you need to! That's a mandate from the WP.

2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond. Great book. I first read it in seventh grade & the characters became friends. So when I'm having a bad day or just want visit old friends, it's a good world to step into.

3. Batty Bat. Now that's a classic! I mean, what's better than a book about a bat who looses her glasses, gets flower & flour, piece & peace, & a plethora of other things mixed up! Oh man, I've had that book since I was a small hobbit. Um, I mean young. :) This book kept me smiling all summer.

4. Consolation of Philosophy. Now by all rights, this probably shouldn't be in the list, because I never finished it. (That will change as soon as I get my packages from VA.) But there was a lot in there that really made a lot of sense. And quite a bit of it I needed to hear, especially when we were reading it.

5. All the books in the Anne of Green Gables series. I can't think of many books that I would more highly recomend for young girls (& young women!) Anne encourages people to use their imagination, love with their whole hearts, believe in the beauty of their dreams, hold only the highest ideals, & admit when they're wrong (well, eventually.)

Now I purposly excluded the Bible and the CCC, because I figured they'd be no-brainers.
Here's the part where I tag five people myself.
I. Captian Oblivious, of 8 O'Clock Chaplet, maybe he'll actually post something! (Love ya, Papa!) So, CO,consider yourself tagged.
II. Sheila,of Enchiridion & Fiddleback Fever, even though I know she's already been tagged, I don't think she's responded.
III. Kateri, of Country Girl.
IV. Little Thalia, of Fiddleback Fever & Quid Hoc Est?
V. Constancia,of ¿QuĂ©?

3 comments:

  1. Great list!

    I was a big fan of The Witch of Blackbird Pond myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh & little weather update, it's cold! The heat is on inside, I wore a jacket outside & brought my flowers in the house. Brrrr. Emery thinks my roses are a good snack. Bad kitty! But I think the thorns convinced her otherwise. And the African Violet is looking pretty sick. It hasn't been doing well since the air plane trip. I don't think the high altitude or saran wrap agreed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, to my knowledge, I hadn't been tagged yet.

    Now who's left to tag? Nearly every blogger I know has either done this already or been tagged to.

    ReplyDelete